Friday, August 12, 2011

It's Friday! Friday!

Yeah, I just did that to fuck with my wife who woke up with that song in her head this morning.

This is for her, too, she's gonna laugh when she sees it...
But, in all seriousness, I want to take my time today to say "THANK YOU!" to everyone who has been following my blog from day 1, everyone who has become a fan along the way, everyone who accidentally stumbles across my page looking for pictures of Casey Anthony, reasons why Ryan Reynolds sucks, funny pictures of Juggalo's, information about bacon cheeseburgers, reasons why the Democrats are pussies or the Republicans are assholes, my list of reasons why Boogie Nights kicks ass, what 10 zombie movies I think are the best ever, my worthless opinions on politics, religion, freedom and Slayer, or whatever caused our paths to cross and inspired you to either think "Hey, this guy is awesome!", or "Damn, this guy is an IDIOT!"

I broke 4,000 page views this month, for the first time ever.  While this might be a slow day on a "real" blog, this is a huge deal for me.  I'm just a dude who promotes my blog on my Facebook page, by word of mouth and on the off-chance someone will google "Rebecca Black" and my blog pops up on the first page.  To have even this level of traffic - which equals roughly 130 independent page views per day, every day, even on the weekends when I don't add anything - is really impressive to me and is what motivates me to sit here, 5 days a week, and try to write something worth your continued patronage.  I get traffic from places as far away as New Zealand, Cambodia, Argentina and Thailand.  I have been referred by some of the most random keyword searches ever (My personal favorite was "King Kong Black Dildo"), and I've seen traffic spikes from unlikely sources - I once got 350 page views in 2 days because someone linked my blog on a Rotten Tomatoes forum (Sorry, Ryan).  That kind of stuff trips me out, seriously.  I am humbled and grateful, even for the snarky comments and lame insult attempts from my critics, because at least you're clicking my shit and reading my drivel.

So, I just really want to take a step back today and, instead of making this post all about ME and what I'M thinking, I want to make it about YOU.  You sick fuckers with such low standards in entertainment who read the crap I vomit out here, Monday through Friday, and actually think it's GOOD.  I especially want to acknowledge the 34 completely screwed-up individuals who actually follow this thing!  No, I won't embarrass you by naming you all publicly, your secrets are safe with me.  4,000 hits a month is a long way from what I ever imagined when I first got the wild hair up my ass to start this thing last February, and it's, in my opinion, an amazing accomplishment for a blog that's less than a year old, gets next to no promotion and is completely the work of a guy who only knows just enough about running a blog to figure out the blogger interface, and that's about it.  One day I'll learn how to be a pro with the RSS feeds and all that shit, but for now I'm just amazed that "The Dave Factor" has been clicked on 4,000 times in a month - and that's NOT counting my own clicks, haters.

Thank you, all of you, for bothering to come here.  It means everything to me.

Dave.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Dave. As one of the 34 sick fuckers I'd like to say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're brave for coming out like that, DiAnne, I support you and think you should be allowed to get married like everyone else. ;)

    ReplyDelete